HIKING IN EASTERN GEORGIA
During this tour you will discovering Eastern Georgia. Our hiking tour have a few characteristics that will exceed your expectations. With simple and pleasant hiking, you will have the possibility to explore unique cultural and natural sites of eastern Georgia. Breathtaking mountains, boundless vineyards, ancient fortresses and monasteries, fascinating villages and centuries-old rock-hewn cities, charming waterfalls, lakes, exceptional food and wine.
I – Day One:
• The group of travelers will depart from Tbilisi to Kakheti. You will visit Lagodekhi Protected territories, where you will see attractive Ninoskhevi waterfall. You will have a picnic on the way and in the evening you will return to Lagodekhi.
I I – Day Two:
• You will visit second trail of Lagodekhi protected territories, which will take you to the Machi fortress via simple and beautiful road. You will have a picnic on the way and in the evening you will return to Lagodekhi.
I I I – Day Three:
• On this day you will visit cultural attractions of Kakheti,Gremi architectural monument, Nekresi monastery, Alaverdi monastery and Kvetera fortress. In the afternoon you will get acquainted with traditional Georgian wine-making method “Qvevri”, which is included in the list of UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.Later, you will have dinner and wine-tasting of Georgian wine.
I V – Day Four:
• This day you will depart for Kazbegi and will see picturesque Zhinvali reservoir, Ananuri fortress, skiing resort Gudauri, natural monument of Bidara travertine and wonderful village Stepantsminda, which is overlooked by mount Kazbeg, the most attractive peak in Georgia. You will spend the night in Stepantsminda.
V – Day Five:
• On this day, you will visit amazing Gergeti Holy Trinity church, from there you can observe stunning views of mount Kazbeg and village Stepantsminda. Later the group will head to Gveleti waterfall and village Juta.You will overnight in Zeta camping.
V I – Day Six:
On this day you will visit ancient cave town Uplistsikhe, Stalin’s museum in Gori and later Borjomi park.You will overnight in Borjomi.
V I I – Day Seven:
This day, group will visit Borjom-Kharagauli national park. They will walk (1.9km) on Nicolas Romanov path,also you will visit wonderful Green Monastery, attractive Rabati fortress and Sapara monastery.Overnight will be near cave monastery Vardzia.
V I I I – Day Eight:
You will visit cave monastery Vardzia, magnificent Khertvisi fortress and Saro megaliths. In the afternoon, you will return to Tbilisi and on the way you will see Sagamo Lake, Poka nunnery, and picturesque Paravani lake.
I X – Day Nine:
On this day, you will visit former capital city of Georgia – Mtskheta and Jvari monastery which are in the list of UNESCO world cultural heritage sites. Later you will have 3 hours walking tour in the old town of Tbilisi.In the evening you will have farewell dinner with traditional Georgian show program.
• Monasteries of Nekresi; Gremi; Alaverdi
• Lagodekhi state reserve
• Gergeti Holy Trinity Church
• Village Juta
• Vardzia cave city
• Category: Outdoor activities
• Available: Late spring-early fall
• Duration: 9 days
• Route length by transport: 1280 km
• Route length by foot: 39 km
• Group size: Optional
TOUR PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING:
• Warm jacket and raincoat
• Warm hat
• Water proof shoes
• Personal medicines
• Personal hygiene items
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
• Transportation via comfortable vehicle
• Certified guide service
• Wine tasting
• Meals included for the duration of the tour (lunch – picnic with lunch-boxes)
• 8 overnights in the guesthouse
The Total Cost Of The Tour Per Tourist From 695 $